Saturday, September 6, 2008

Voting for Style or Substance

With the first ever African-American getting the Democratic nomination for President, there has been a lot of talk about which religion Obama follows. That is slightly ludicrous after the debate that has followed him because of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. There has still been question on whether or not Obama is a Muslim.

The critics refer to pictures of him wearing traditional attire during an overseas trip. If there is such belief that he is a Muslim, why was their such discussion about the what Wright said.
Is this a sign of trying to distract the average voter from other issues?

The ones who have talked about this picture haven't talked about how it is common for political figures to wear the traditional gear of where ever they are going, but they aren't accused of being Muslim because they are respecting their host. There are many pictures floating on the Internet of political figures wearing what would be considered Muslim gear. So the question is Laura Bush Muslim?

3 comments:

marcia k. said...

I totally agree with you. I think that everyone is focusing on the wrong thing. We should focus on what Obama's message, and not his religion.

Nkeru said...

This is a great post. I was unaware of this issue. I and glad that you inform of it, and I will take it upon myself to do more research on this topic

Camille said...

I am glad that I could bring it to your attention.