Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Year of Enlightment

The love of fashion snuck up on Cole M. when she was 30. Unsure of what worked best on her in her 20s, she sometimes went without the lastest fashion.

Now at 33, Cole M. has welcomed the label trendsetter. She believes that she has become a trendsetter because she has come to grips with her body. "There were times when I didn't like the canvas, so there was no need to decorate."

She now embraces clothing. As an administrative assistant, she doesn't get much flexibility on the kinds of clothing that she wears to work, but when she goes out she likes to go all out. "I like to mix it up" she says. To hang out with friends, her favorite places to shop are Deb's Shop and consignment shops. Her recent buy at Deb's Shop was this bandana shirt. "I like that it covers all of my problem areas, but doesn't make me look bigger."
Her favorite consigment shop, My Girlfriend's Closet, is not even located in her area or state. "I only get there once a year, but I always find great clothing." She likes to sew, so she will find items at consigment shops and find ways to give it her own touch.
For work, she is an avid Macy's shopper. At Macy's, she can live out her shoe fantasies. "In the office, my clothing colors are subdued, but the shoes are a different story." She has already scheduled a weekend retreat at Macy's for some shoes. "I can easily spend $500 on a pair of shoes. It is my only vice."

No comments: