Sunday, August 10, 2008

Stop The Presses!!!!

While looking at different plus-size clothing websites, I began to notice a trend. I have wonder this before, but never had a place to voice it.

Why do some plus-size catalogs use women sized 10 and under to market clothing to us? Do they really think that it is going to fit the same way on a larger women?
The lady in this dress looks to be about a size 10. Yes, Woman Within starts at a 12W, but that means 14 in misses sizes. So could she at least be a size 14?
This could just be me ranting, but come on.

2 comments:

Nkeru said...

Truly agree with you. I do not understand why the fashion industry advertises size ten bodies as plus size models. An outfit on a size ten body does not fit the same on a larger body. So with you taking a part in this industry, what are you going to do to make a change?

Camille said...

If I am working with a fashion designer or catalog who is showing plus-sized clothing, I will express to them how insulting it is to the sizeable women. I will let them know that they would most likely increase sells by showing true plus-sized women.